City Park Campus
615 City Park Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70119
Main Phone Number
Centrally located on City Park Avenue, the City Park Campus serves the urban area of the city of New Orleans. This campus is the original site of Delgado Community College and remains the largest campus, with approximately 10,000 students. Delgado offers more than 30 associate degree programs, and more than 84 certificate, technical diploma, and technical competency area options, and around 200 non-credit courses in areas that include professional and workforce development, intensive services, and continuing education.
The City Park Campus consists of more than 19 buildings that house classrooms, laboratories, and support areas. Two major buildings were constructed and opened in 1970: the Francis E. Cook Building, and the Moss Memorial Library Building, which was demolished following severe damage from Hurricane Katrina. During the 1980s, many of the facilities on the City Park Campus were expanded and renovated. In early 1982, a new administration building was opened on the periphery of the City Park Campus. This facility centralized the College’s administrative functions and freed considerable office and classroom space on the City Park Campus. In early 1984, the Henry S. Braden Sr. Vocational Technical Center, located adjacent to Delgado Hall, was completed. This three-story technical shop complex contains the Adam R. Haydel Sr. Automotive Lab and other buildings used for College operations and services.
In the 1990s, a gymnasium in the Michael L. Williamson Building allows the Delgado basketball teams to play home games on campus. Building 2 was also opened as a multi-functional classroom, laboratory, administrative, and faculty office building of more than 150,000 square feet, including centralized student services offices.
In 2013 Building 8 was renovated and re-opened, housing state-of-the-art classrooms, computer laboratories, and offices for the Workforce Development and Technical Education Division, and in 2016 Building 9 was constructed and houses Workforce Development and Institutional Advancement/Public Relations staff.
In May 2015, H. Giles Martin Hall was opened to house digital media, small business, and entrepreneurship programs. Martin Hall is named for H. Giles Martin, Delgado’s first director and longest-tenured leader, serving from 1920 until 1954. The building was funded by state bonds authorized through Act 391. In September 2015, the Marvin E. Thames, Sr. Learning Resources Center was opened. Thames Hall is a 60,000-square-foot learning resources center that houses the College’s Moss Memorial Library and the College’s Adult Education classrooms and offices.