What is Dual Enrollment?
The Dual Enrollment (DE) program at Delgado Community College is designed for students who have the ability to benefit from instruction in either their chosen career path or enrollment in a transferable course at the College in their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school. Upon successful completion, students will receive high school units and transcripted credit from Delgado Community College.
For acceptance into the Dual Enrollment Program, students must:
- Have parental and school administration permission.
- Be in “Good Standing” as defined by the student’s high school.
- Be a junior or senior; in some instances, sophomores may be eligible.
- Be eligible for course(s) per ACT score or Delgado placement test scores.
- Students wishing to take courses that transfer to other colleges (Courses listed on the Articulation Matrix) must meet the Board of Regents Academic Affairs Policy 2.22 Dual Enrollment Requirements (at minimum a 2.5 Grade Point Average and ACT Composite Score of 19 with English Subscore of 18 and Math Subscore of 19) and meet the course(s) of interest's prerequisite and/or corequisite requirements for entry into those courses.
- Students wishing to take Technical/Work Skills courses (Courses NOT listed on the Articulation Matrix) must have at minimum a 2.0 Grade Point Average and meet the course(s) of interest's prerequisite and/or corequisite requirements for entry into those courses.
Benefits/Advantages of Dual Enrollment
- Enter a college or four-year university with college credit thereby saving time and money.
- Receive relevant skills training in high demand, high wage professions.
- Have access to college resources, facilities, and services such as advising, career counseling, and mentoring.
TOPS Tech Early Start
To receive TOPS Tech Early Start funding, students must:
- Be a junior or senior.
- Have scored a 15 on the ACT PLAN Assessment in English and Math and have a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be enrolled in a TOPS Tech eligible course.
- Be in good standing as defined by the school.
|Semester/Session||Application Deadline||Payment Deadline||Classes Begin||Last Day to Drop with a "W"|
|Summer 2020||May 15, 2020||May 29, 2020||June 3, 2020||July 7, 2020|
|Fall 2020||May 15, 2020||August 14, 2020||August 15, 2020||November 4, 2020|
|Spring 2021||December 4, 2020||January 15, 2021||January 16, 2021||April 6, 2021|