Roast of the Town
Governor John Bel Edwards was the featured guest at the 2018 Roast of the Town held at Harrah's New Orleans on April 20
Eric Paulsen, anchor at WWL-TV, served as master of ceremonies at the 2018 Roast of the Town at Harrah's New Orleans.
Roasters of the featured guest Gov. John Bel Edwards included:
- Dale Atkins, former Clerk of District Court of Orleans Parish and Judge-elect, 1st District, Division F, 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Troy Carter, State Senator, District 7
- Former Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards
- Walt Leger, III, State Representative, District 91
- Helena Moreno, former State Representative, District 93 and Councilwoman-elect, at-large, Division. 1, New Orleans City Council
The lead sponsor of the Roast of the Town was Ochsner Health System. The event was hosted by the Delgado Community College Foundation and Chancellor Joan Davis with all proceeds benefiting programs at the college.