Delgado Community College and the Coca-Cola Foundation are pleased to offer eligible students a wonderful opportunity!
Through the Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship program from The Coca-Cola Foundation, Delgado Community College will award 23 African American women an $8,400 grant to cover the cost of their education.
Eligible students must meet the following criteria:
- First-time Freshmen
- Full-time (enrolled in a minimum of 15 credit hours in Fall 2017)
- First generation student (neither parent attended college)
To remain eligible for the scholarship, program participants will be required to:
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Maintain enrollment in 15 credit hours per semester
- Meet with an academic advisor a minimum of twice a semester
- Meet with their assigned mentor a minimum of twice a semester
- Volunteer at a minimum of one college event per semester
In an effort to support these students in meeting their academic goals, Delgado Community College will also provide:
- Female faculty/staff mentors
- Academic Advisors
- Career and self-exploration workshops
- Program orientation
Eligible students who are interested in applying should submit an application no later than July 21, 2017. Final candidates will be notified via email of an interest session that they must attend to receive the scholarship.
To Apply for the Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship, click here.