Any Student who owes money to the College by Graduation day will not receive his/her diploma until the debt is paid.
It is recommended that graduates wear DARK shoes and DARK colors to harmonize with the academic gown. Clothes for both men and women, which are visible, should be of DARK colors.
The appropriate cap for all degrees is the familiar black “mortarboard”. The tassel should hang to the left of the face. The mortarboard is worn straight on the head with the point of the cap in the center of the forehead.
We recognize that this will be a joyous occasion for you, however, the College requests that you use discretion regarding your conduct at Commencement. Furthermore, adornments not sanctioned by the College added to the caps and gowns (i.e. decoration of mortarboard of the cap) are not allowed. You will not be allowed to bring cell phones or purses into the arena. Leave these items with someone in the audience. If your attire is deemed inappropriate, or if you are in possession of a cell phone, you will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony. The College wishes to maintain the dignity this occasion deserves. The only organizations recognized at Commencement are Phi Theta Kappa, Alpha Beta Gamma, Mu Alpha Theta, Sigma Chi Eta and Sigma Alpha Chi due to their college-wide membership criteria.
Please contact the City Park Bookstore at 504-671-5440 for detailed information regarding the graduation announcements
The Fall 2017 Commencement Exercises will be held at the Kiefer UNO Lakefront Arena, on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
Since the ceremony will start promptly at 10:00 a.m., all graduates should plan to arrive at the UNO Lakefront Arena (Lake Pontchartrain side) at 9:00 a.m. It is very important for the graduates to allow extra traveling time, in case of any accidents or heavy traffic.
There will be a $5.00 fee for parking
Ask your guests to be seated by 9:45 a.m. since Commencement Exercises will start at 10:00 a.m. You are free to invite as many of your friends and family as you like. No admit card is required for them to attend. Commencement should be completed by 12:00 noon.
A commercial photographer will photograph each graduate as his/her degree is presented. The photographer will contact each graduate by mail. You may view your photos online at http://www.Gradphotonetwork.com ; once on the website you will be prompted to enter the school name (Delgado). You will also be required to enter your graduation date and your last name. If you have any problems viewing your graduation pictures online you may contact Candid Campus directly at (504) 366-0607.
1. Enter the Lakefront Arena from the Lake Pontchartrain side. Report to the room marked Delgado Community College Graduates.
Note: If you are receiving more than one diploma you will line up according to the first number on your cards and go on the stage only once.
2. BRING YOUR 3x5 WHITE CARD WITH YOU. As you come in the door to line up for graduation, you will be checked off the list for your degree and given a colored numbered card designating your place in line. The card will also be used to get your diploma AFTER Commencement Exercises are over.
3. Graduation with honors/distinction: You must have earned at least 3.50 cumulative grade point average on the college work attempted at Delgado Community College and have completed at least 45 semester hours at Delgado (ASSOCIATE DEGREE RECIPIENTS ONLY) to be designated as an “Honor Graduate”. Those students graduating with Honors must report to the Honors table upon arrival at the arena. Honors graduates are allowed to wear Honors hoods which can be checked out at the Honors table.
4. When you arrive for check-in, you will also be notified if you are eligible to graduate with honors. This is determined according to the guidelines in the catalog under the heading “GRADUATION WITH DISTINCTION, ASSOCIATE DEGREE RECIPIENTS” in the 2017-2018 web-based catalog.
1. When you line up in numerical order after checking in, a Delgado Marshall will give you instructions on marching in, when to stand or sit, and when to go to the stage area.
2. PLEASE HAVE YOUR WHITE CARD IN HAND TO TAKE WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO TO THE STAGE. When you get to the stage, your WHITE 3 x 5 CARD will be collected and handed to the person announcing the names of graduates.
3. After the benediction, graduates are required to hold their positions in the assigned seating areas until given directions by the Marshall.
4. Graduates will be directed by the Marshall to the check-in area at the end of the ceremony. Be prepared to present the colored numbered card with your name and graduation number to receive your diploma.
A. Mailing Arrangements
1. Complete the mail-out diploma request form and pay the appropriate fee. *Click here to download request form
2. Return the form to:
Office of the Registrar-Graduation
Delgado Community College
615 City Park Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70119-4399
3. Your diploma will not be mailed until after the Commencement Exercises when your degree is conferred
B. Office of the Registrar Pick-up
1. Come to the Office of the Registrar of your campus with your 3 x 5 white card, and a picture ID during regular office hours.
***Students’ diplomas are kept in their academic file in the Office of the Registrar if they are not picked up at the Commencement Exercises on Graduation day or mailing arrangements have not been made.
We wish to celebrate this occasion in an appropriate, dignified manner. Please inform your family and friends that no one is permitted to bring noise-makers to the Arena, and that we request restraint from outbursts or other distractions that would disturb this momentous occasion. Audience members who do not respect this request will be escorted from the arena by a police officer.