Start-Right Enrollment Checklist
Welcome to Delgado!
1. Determine how to pay for classes today.
Using Financial Aid
Pell Grants and Loans
- Apply online at the FAFSA website (School Code: 004626).
- Select 18-19 FAFSA for Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019 Semesters.
- Delgado provides FAFSA assistance on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. in Building 10, Room 134 at the City Park Campus.
- You will need these documents when receiving assistance or submitting your FAFSA:
- Driver's license or state ID
- Social Security number and date of birth for student and parent (if student is under 24)
- 2016 tax return for student and parent (if student is under 24) for 18-19 FAFSA
- For summer sessions only: Submit a request for Summer Financial Aid.
- Log in to your LoLA account to view documents requested by the Financial Aid office.
- Review and accept or decline your award letter in LoLA. You must be fully admitted to Delgado and enrolled in an applicable program of study before your financial aid can be applied to your account. Contact Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-215-8247.
Contracts and Exemptions
Visit the Bursar's office with necessary paperwork.
Find out more about veterans benefits by visiting the Veterans Affairs office or contacting the following advisers.
City Park Campus, Charity School of Nursing, and Sidney Collier Site
West bank Campus and Jefferson Site
Using Delgado's Payment Plan
You can pay your tuition in incremental payments during the semester. Payment plan amounts are based on your tuition costs and the date you enroll in the payment plan. Log in to LoLA to sign up for the payment plan. You must pay using a credit card or checking account.
2. Complete admissions requirements.
- Complete the admissions application.
- Submit all required documents to Admissions or the Answer Center.
3. Get into classes.
We want to help you choose the right classes for your career choice.
- If you have not taken college English or math, you must take a placement assessment ($15 fee) or submit qualifying ACT scores (School Code: 1577). For exemption details or to schedule a testing appointment, visit the Delgado Placement Assessment website.
- If you do not need a placement assessment, check with the Office of Advising before visiting campus. Advisors may require an appointment.
- You must provide a placement assessment score, college transcript, or ACT score with English and math scores before being advised.
- If you are a transfer student, you must meet with an advisor based on your career choice, and you must bring unofficial transcripts to all advising sessions for proper placement and pre-requisite overrides.
- Register for classes online through LoLA after being advised.
4. Secure your classes.
Schedules must be secured and/or paid to prevent being deleted. To ensure your classes are secure, you may:
- Pay in person (cash, check or money order) by 3 p.m. on the payment deadline date or online through LoLA. You must pay online using a credit card or checking account.
- Enroll in the payment plan online through LoLA. You must pay using a credit card or checking account
- Use financial aid. If awarded, your authorized financial aid will be applied directly to your account balance. You are responsible for any remaining balance. View your authorized aid through LoLA by selecting Account Balance by Term.
5. Prepare for your first day of school.
Taking online classes? Log on to Canvas, Delgado's online classroom.
Purchase books at the campus bookstore with your printed schedule. Bookstore credit is available for a limited time for students who have authorized aid on their accounts.
Download the free Delgado mobile app to access email, Canvas, and many other resources.
Make your refund selection at refundselection.com. You will receive your personal code in a bright green envelope in the USPS mail between the first and 14th days of school.
Obtain your parking decal. Complete the vehicle registration form online.
Obtain your Delgado ID card. Visit the ID card office.
6. Go to your first day of classes. Learning begins day one!
We are here for you!