River City Site and Advanced Manufacturing Center
The new Delgado River City Site and Advanced Manufacturing Center is located in Avondale, Louisiana, and classes began on August 18, 2018.
The site is designed to offer:
- technical, academic, credit and non-credit programs
- LA Transfer Degree and general education courses
- top training for in-demand, well-paying jobs
- dual enrollment opportunities for high-school students
The new facility offers programs in the following areas:
- Aluminum Welding
- Industrial Maintenance
- LA Transfer Degree
- OSHA 10
- OSHA 20
- Process Instrumentation and Control (PIC)
- Science Lab Technician
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Small Industrial Electrician
A ribbon cutting ceremony took place August 30, 2018, at 10 a.m.
The facility is located next to the Jefferson Parish Economic Development Commission (JEDCO) and Patrick F. Taylor Science and Technology Academy at 709 Churchill Parkway in Avondale, Louisiana.