Our goal is to provide the best possible service to students and families who are in need of financial assistance to meet the increasing cost of higher education. The financial aid process is a collaborative effort in which students, their families and the Financial Aid office each have their own responsibilities to follow.
- Students and their families are primarily responsible for funding the student's college education.
- Students are responsible for successfully completing their education and repaying their loans.
- The Financial Aid Office is responsible for properly administering the Financial Student Aid Programs.
|Description||Explore all the history, music, art, and theatre New Orleans has to offer.|
|Button Link||Cultural Arts|
FAFSA Renewal Assistance
If you need help in renewing your FAFSA, the Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA) is offering virtual assistance to help you complete the application. Schedule your one on one virtual appointment.
- If you have received an award offer in LoLA, you want to ensure that your classes are secured by checking for authorized financial aid. Follow these steps to check if your classes are secured.
- Learn more about the ways you can secure classes.
- The bookstore credit is available for a limited time at the beginning of each semester for those students who have money left over after they use financial aid to secure classes. Learn more about the bookstore credit. .
Federal Work-Study Program
- Federal Work-Study provides funds for part-time employment to help students meet the indirect cost of attending college. Here is more information about the process and the steps to search for job opportunities.
- Delgado Community College has partnered with BankMobile to deliver refunds to students. Follow these steps to setup your refund preference and view the current refund schedule.
Schedule an appointment
- If you have questions about the financial aid process or need assistance with Inceptia verification, schedule an appointment with an Answer Center counselor.
Monday, July 2
First Disbursement for First-time Borrowers Enrolled in 6 hours for Regular Term and Minimester Term A - Federal regulations require that the College delay delivering loans to first-time borrowers until 30 days after the start of classes. Refund process can take up to 14 business days before students receive refund..
Tuesday, July 7
First Financial Aid Disbursement for Minimester Term B. Refund process can take up to 14 business days before students receive refund..
Thursday, July 9
2019-2020 Final Documents Deadline - All documents must be submitted by this date to be considered for Summer 2020 financial aid award. No documents will be accepted after this date for 2019-2020 processing.
Monday, July 13
Second Disbursement for All Summer Payment Period Loans - Department of Education regulations require schools disburse all one semester loans in two disbursements. Refund process can take up to 14 business days before students receive refund.
For information on how to file College and State Agency Complaints, please visit the Student Grievance Procedures.
Additional information for consumers can be found by visiting the Student Consumer Information webpage.