Our goal is to provide the best possible service to students and families who are in need of financial assistance to meet the increasing cost of higher education. The financial aid process is a collaborative effort in which students, their families and the Financial Aid office each have their own responsibilities to follow.
- Students and their families are primarily responsible for funding the student's college education.
- Students are responsible for successfully completing their education and repaying their loans.
- The Financial Aid Office is responsible for properly administering the Financial Student Aid Programs.
- If you have received an award offer in LoLA, you want to ensure that your classes are secured by checking for authorized financial aid. Follow these steps to check if your classes are secured.
- Learn more about the ways you can secure classes.
- The bookstore credit is available for a limited time at the beginning of each semester for those students who have money left over after they use financial aid to secure classes. Learn more about the bookstore credit. .
Federal Work-Study Program
- Federal Work-Study provides funds for part-time employment to help students meet the indirect cost of attending college. Here is more information about the process and the steps to search for job opportunities.
- Delgado Community College has partnered with BankMobile to deliver refunds to students. Follow these steps to setup your refund preference and view the 2019 - 2020 refund schedule
Schedule an appointment
- If you have questions about the financial aid process or need assistance with Inceptia verification, schedule an appointment with an Answer Center counselor. Check availability and schedule now!
Tuesday, December 18, 2019
2019-2020 Priority Financial Document Deadline - All documents submitted (including SAP appeals) by this deadline will be considered for an award letter before first payment deadline
Sunday, January 12, 2020
First Payment Deadline
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
First day to use bookstore credit - books may be purchased using bookstore voucher for students who are eligible if financial aid has been processed and authorized for at least 48 hours
Saturday, January 18, 2020
Friday, January 24, 2020
Final Fall document deadline. All documents must be submitted by this date to be considered for Fall 2019 financial aid.
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Last day to use bookstore credit.
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
First Financial Aid Disbursement - The refund process takes up to 14 business days to be received. Federal regulations require that the College delay delivering loans to first-time borrowers until 30 days after the start of classes
For information on how to file College and State Agency Complaints, please visit the Student Grievance Procedures.
Additional information for consumers can be found by visiting the Student Consumer Information webpage.