Our goal is to provide the best possible service to students and families who are in need of financial assistance to meet the increasing cost of higher education. The financial aid process is a collaborative effort in which students, their families and the Financial Aid office each have their own responsibilities to follow.
- Students and their families are primarily responsible for funding the student's college education.
- Students are responsible for successfully completing their education and repaying their loans.
- The Financial Aid Office is responsible for properly administering the Financial Student Aid Programs.
- If you have received an award offer in LoLA, you want to ensure that your classes are secured by checking for authorized financial aid. Follow these steps to check if your classes are secured.
- Learn more about the ways you can secure classes.
- The bookstore credit is available for a limited time at the beginning of each semester for those students who have money left over after they use financial aid to secure classes. Learn more about the bookstore credit. .
Federal Work-Study Program
- Federal Work-Study provides funds for part-time employment to help students meet the indirect cost of attending college. Here is more information about the process and the steps to search for job opportunities.
- Delgado Community College has partnered with BankMobile to deliver refunds to students. Follow these steps to setup your refund preference and view the current refund schedule.
Schedule an appointment
- If you have questions about the financial aid process or need assistance with Inceptia verification, schedule an appointment with an Answer Center counselor.
Monday, March 25, 2020
Second Disbursement of Spring Only Loans - Department of Education - Regulations require schools disburse all one-semester loans in two disbursements
Tuesday, April 7
4:30 p.m. - Final day for dropping courses with a “W” or withdrawing from College
Tuesday, April 21
Final Deadline to accept loans, and complete your Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling - Students who miss this deadline must complete a loan revision form to have loans considered to be reinstated
Friday, May 15, 2020
Notifications for next semester Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status available to student in LoLA
Thursday, June 11, 2020
2019-2020 Final Document Deadline – All documents must be submitted by this date to be considered for Spring 2020 financial aid
For information on how to file College and State Agency Complaints, please visit the Student Grievance Procedures.
Additional information for consumers can be found by visiting the Student Consumer Information webpage.