Our goal is to provide the best possible service to students and families who are in need of financial assistance to meet the increasing cost of higher education. The financial aid process is a collaborative effort in which students, their families and the Financial Aid office each have their own responsibilities to follow.
- Students and their families are primarily responsible for funding the student's college education.
- Students are responsible for successfully completing their education and repaying their loans.
- The Financial Aid Office is responsible for properly administering the Financial Student Aid Programs.
How does withdrawing from Delgado or dropping courses affect my financial aid?
Why is SAP important?
- Meeting SAP standards each semester ensures you stay on track towards completing your program of study and allows you to remain eligible for financial aid. See eligibility criteria.
How do I determine if I have financial aid available for the Summer Session?
- Complete the Summer Session financial aid request form.
- If you attended the Fall and Spring terms, you may be eligible for Year Round Pell. Learn More!
Have you completed the 2019-2020 FAFSA?
- Students seeking financial aid for the 2019-2020 school year need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The 2019-2020 FAFSA is now available to complete through the myStudentAid mobile app! Download the app in the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
- Delgado School Code = 004626
Spring 2019 Financial Aid Dates
Monday, May 20
Notifications for next semester Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status available to student in LoLA.
Summer 2019 Financial Aid Dates
Thursday, June 14
2018-2019 Final Document Deadline. All documents must be submitted by this date to be considered for Spring 2019 financial aid.
Tuesday, June 18
First Financial Aid Disbursement - Refund process can take up to 14 business days to be received. Federal regulations require that the College delay delivering loans to first-time borrowers until 30 days after the start of classes.
Monday, July 8
First Disbursement for First-time Borrowers - Refunds can take up to 14 business days to be received.
Thursday, July 11
2018-2019 Final Documents Deadline - All documents must be submitted by this date to be considered for Summer 2018 financial aid award. No documents will be accepted after this date for 18-19 processing.
Monday, July 22
Second Disbursement for Summer Loans - Department of Education Regulations require schools disburse all one semester loans in two disbursements.
For information on how to file College and State Agency Complaints, please visit the Student Grievance Procedures.
Additional information for consumers can be found by visiting the Student Consumer Information webpage.