Transfer Advising is designed to assist Delgado Community College students who are interested in attending a a 4-year college or university to further their education beyond the programs offered at Delgado. Some of the assistance that advisors can provide includes:
- Helping students interpret various admissions requirements for 4-year schools.
- Helping transfer students locate and use on-line resources.
- Assisting students with class selection that maximizes transferability.
- Designing curriculum sheets for students to follow over several semesters that maximizes transferability into a chosen major.
- Serving as a liaison between Delgado Community College and students potential school.
- Organizing and scheduling campus visits by representatives from individual colleges/universities
and hosting the annual Transfer Fair, bringing multiple colleges/universities to campus
at one time .