What is your goal?
- You want to move into a higher earning bracket and you’re confident a degree will help.
- You want specific educational training to further your career.
- You’re switching career fields and need training so that you’ll be competitive in the job market.
- You took time off from school and are ready to return.
- You'd like a career you’re more passionate about.
- You’re interested in a field or course of study but not ready to devote yourself to it full-time.
Student Testimonial: Bruce Preston
Connect With Your Enrollment NavigatorVideo chat on ConexED with Brianna A Bunn
Delgado Offers Services and Support to Help You Succeed
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Caring and Experienced Instructors
- Small Classes
- English as Second Language
- Workforce & Technical Training
- Women's Center
- Fitness Center
- Childcare Center (City Park Only)
- Free Tutoring
- Credit for Prior Learning
- Transferable Credits
- Veterans & Disability Services
Delgado Community College offers a wide range of services to enhance your college experience and to help you achieve your goal of furthering your education. View a full listing of resources.
Set Yourself Up For Success
- Understand how adult learning is different
Adult learners are result oriented and do well when learning is connected to their lives.
- Prepare to seek support for skills that you haven't used in awhile.
Use the resources available on campus to freshen up on skills such as reading, math, and studying.
- Don’t rush your timeline
It’s better to take a few credits each semester and keep up than to overload yourself with school, work, family, and financial responsibilities.
- Online Classes
Taking classes online is a flexible way to get a college education, but it does require self-motivation and self-management.