Instructional Technology, Support, and Professional Development Department
The Instructional Technology, Support, and Professional Development (ITSPD) department works in conjunction with faculty, staff, and students in designing and maintaining instructional technology in the traditional, virtual, and online classroom environments.
Our goal is to create learning opportunities for students to succeed at Delgado Community College through excellent support, information resources, and training. We offer faculty and staff training and professional development to uphold student learning and success as a foundational value.
Are you ready to take an online course?
What does it mean to be ready to take an online course?
Though online classes may seem like less work, they are often more labor intensive than the traditional classroom. Regardless of the topic, online courses require self-direction, organization, academic skills, techincal skills, and more. ITSPD will do its best to support you to become ready for online courses or to make it through with guides and resources!
Why should you make sure you are ready to take an online course?
Students taking online courses often underestimate the time and effort required to succeed. It is important to do a self-assessment to see if you are ready for an online course or need to take any steps to get ready before taking an online course. ITSD is here to help!
Take our self-assessment
Quick Support Numbers and Helpful Guides
Canvas 24/7 Support
Call: (844) 408-6456
Canvas How-To Guides for Students
Delgado OIT Support with email & Office 365 installation
Call: (504) 671-5500
Change/reset Delgado email password
Microsoft Office 365
Learn how to get started with Office 365 from your browser using your Delgado email login information
- Get online training and quick start guides for Microsoft 365
Call: (844) 465-2827
LoLA How-To Guides and Videos for Students (Delgado’s online student portal)
Finding Online Courses
Delgado offers a variety of courses, many courses with online components as well as fully online courses. Easily identify and understand our course types and break the code to easily finding class campus information in LoLA via section number identifiers.
Access the College Catalog to explore program options and requirements. Registration is completed via your LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal) account access. For other instructions and information refer to the College Handbook or the Support Services Online Tools & Resources page.
To view online course options in a term, access the Course Catalog schedule search tool. Select the Subject, Course Number, and Course Title (if known), and select DCC Online as the Campus or find Hybrid or Virtual classes by using the Section Code.
Learning Online is Similar to Learning On Campus
Students who learn online earn the same credits and degrees as students taking classes on campus. As an online student, you have access to all Delgado resources and opportunities as you work towards meeting your educational and professional goals!
Choosing between an online or on-campus class depends on the student. For some, the business of work and family makes online learning a good option. For others, taking an online class is a chance to use the Internet and technology to drive their own learning forward.
We offer the following degree programs as fully online delivery option:
- Accounting, A.A.S.
- Business Administration, A.S.
- Business & Management, A.A.S.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Systems Design
- General Business
- Human Resources Management/Leadership
- Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management
- Music Business
- Real Estate
- Cloud Computing, A.A.S., A.A.S
- Computer Information Technology, A.A.S
- Criminal Justice, A.A.
- General Studies, A.G.S.
- Hospitality Management, A.A.S
- Louisiana Transfer Degree, A.A.
- Criminal Justice
- Social Science
- Paralegal Studies, A.A.S
We offer the following certificate programs as fully online delivery option:
- Accounting Technology: Accounting Clerk, C.T.S.
- Banking & Lending C.T.S.
- Business Systems Design C.T.S.
- Certificate of General Studies, C.G.S.
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting, C.T.S.
- Computer Network Technician, C.T.S.
- Entrepreneurship, C.T.S.
- Hospitality Management, C.T.C.
- Hospitality Management, C.T.S.
- Logistics Technology, C.T.S.
- Medical Coding, C.A.S.
- Website Design, C.T.S.
- Human Resources Assistant, C.T.S.
- Real Estate Professional, C.T.S.
We offer fully online Career Training Programs and Personal Enrichment Programs through Workforce Development.
Using Canvas to Take Courses at Delgado
Canvas is the learning management system used in almost all Delgado courses (both online and on-campus). Canvas is used to:
- submit assignments.
- take tests.
- communicate with your fellow students and instructors.
- and everything else related to your college courses.
Learning how to use Canvas is important since it will allow you to succeed in your courses, and learning how to use it well can make your experience as a student both easier and more meaningful. Click here to access a free, self-paced Canvas Student Orientation course to learn about its different features and tools.
CANVAS SUPPORT HOTLINE 24x7x365
Success in College Course (CCSS-100)
Success in College (CCSS-100) is strongly recommended for students new to college or who are online-only students (take all of their classes online) complete the course early in their college career (during their first or second semester of enrollment). Success in College (CCSS-100) will provide you the opportunity to gain the skills, knowledge, and habits of successful college students. The course is intended to:
- improve your college readiness
- increase your awareness of campus support services,
- develop your technology skills, time management, effective study, and test-taking strategies
- work/life/school balance awareness, and
- guide you in your program of study to reach your career goals
You will even learn about what learning style you prefer and how to use that knowledge to benefit most from academic activities. A bonus feature of this class is that your instructor will also be your success coach, college navigator, and liaison for other campus services. Please consider CCSS-100 as part of your course selection this semester. We look forward to serving you.
Jumpstart your Online Learning
- Online Readiness
- Canvas Learning Managment System (Online Classroom) Orientation
- Watch for in-person student Canvas training sessions (advertised in Canvas Announements)
- Watch for student success workshops (advertised in Canvas Announements)
- Canvas (Online Classrom)
- Online tutoring (bartley) enabled in your online classroom
- Writing Center
- Exam proctoring services provided by ProctorU, Respondus, Proctorio, ExamSoft (contact instructor and/or read syllabus for additional information)
- TurnitIn Originality Checker (anti-plagiarism tool) enabled in your online classroom
- Office 365 (provided by Delgado's Office of Information Technology)
Delgado Community College has been approved by Louisiana to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.