The Instructional Technology, Support, and Professional Development (ITSPD) department works in conjunction with faculty, staff, and students in designing and maintaining instructional technology in the traditional, virtual, and online classroom environments.
Our goal is to create learning opportunities for students to succeed at Delgado Community College through excellent support, information resources, and training. We offer faculty and staff training and professional development to uphold student learning and success as a foundational value.
Are you ready to take an online course?
What does it mean to be ready to take an online course?
Though online classes may seem like less work, they are often more labor intensive than the traditional classroom. Regardless of the topic, online courses require self-direction, organization, academic skills, techincal skills, and more. ITSPD will do its best to support you to become ready for online courses or to make it through with guides and resources!
Why should you make sure you are ready to take an online course?
Students taking online courses often underestimate the time and effort required to succeed. It is important to do a self-assessment to see if you are ready for an online course or need to take any steps to get ready before taking an online course. ITSD is here to help!
Take our self-assessment
Canvas 24/7 Support
Call: (844) 408-6456
Canvas How-To Guides for Students
Microsoft Office 365
Learn how to get started with Office 365 from your browser using your Delgado email login information
- Get online training and quick start guides for Microsoft 365
Call: (844) 465-2827
LoLA How-To Guides and Videos for Students (Delgado’s online student portal)
Delgado offers a variety of courses, many courses with online components as well as fully online courses. Easily identify and understand our course types and break the code to easily finding class campus information in LoLA via section number identifiers.
Access the College Catalog to explore program options and requirements. Registration is completed via your LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal) account access. For other instructions and information refer to the College Handbook or the Support Services Online Tools & Resources page.
To view online course options in a term, access the Course Catalog schedule search tool. Select the Subject, Course Number, and Course Title (if known), and select DCC Online as the Campus or find Hybrid or Virtual classes by using the Section Code.
Canvas is the learning management system used in almost all Delgado courses (both online and on-campus).
The direct link to Canas is https://dcc.instructure.com
*Bookmark the page for ease of access in the future.
*The log in information for Canvas is the same as LoLA credentials - *hint* username is usually firstnamelastname and password will have a minimum of 16 characters).
Log into LoLA or change/reset your LoLA password.
Canvas is used to:
- submit assignments.
- take tests.
- communicate with your fellow students and instructors.
- and everything else related to your college courses.
Learning how to use Canvas is important because it will allow you to succeed in your courses, and learning how to use it well can make your experience as a student both easier and more meaningful. Click here to access a free, self-paced Canvas Student Orientation course to learn about its different features and tools.
CANVAS SUPPORT HOTLINE 24x7x365
- Canvas (Online Classrom)
- Online tutoring (bartley) enabled in your online classroom
- Writing Center
- Exam proctoring services provided by ProctorU, Respondus, Proctorio, ExamSoft (contact instructor and/or read syllabus for additional information)
- TurnitIn Originality Checker (anti-plagiarism tool) enabled in your online classroom
- Office 365 (provided by Delgado's Office of Information Technology)
- Online Readiness
- Canvas Learning Managment System (Online Classroom) Orientation
- Watch for in-person student Canvas training sessions (advertised in Canvas Announements)
- Watch for student success workshops (advertised in Canvas Announements)
Is Learning Online Similar to Learning On Campus?
Students who learn online earn the same credits and degrees as students taking classes on campus. As an online student, you have access to all Delgado resources and opportunities as you work towards meeting your educational and professional goals!
There is a common myth than online courses are easier than traditional in-person courses. Though you can often set your own schedule and complete much of the work on your own time, this does not mean they are less difficult than in-person classes.
Choosing between an online, hybrid, virtual, or on-campus class depends on the student. For some, the business of work and family makes online learning a good option. For others, taking an online class is a chance to use the Internet and technology to drive their own learning forward.
We offer the following degree programs as fully online delivery option:
- Accounting, A.A.S.
- Business Administration, A.S.
- Business & Management, A.A.S.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Systems Design
- General Business
- Human Resources Management/Leadership
- Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management
- Music Business
- Real Estate
- Cloud Computing, A.A.S., A.A.S
- Computer Information Technology, A.A.S
- Criminal Justice, A.A.
- General Studies, A.G.S.
- Hospitality Management, A.A.S
- Louisiana Transfer Degree, A.A.
- Criminal Justice
- Social Science
- Paralegal Studies, A.A.S
We offer the following certificate programs as fully online delivery option:
- Accounting Technology: Accounting Clerk, C.T.S.
- Banking & Lending C.T.S.
- Business Systems Design C.T.S.
- Certificate of General Studies, C.G.S.
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting, C.T.S.
- Computer Network Technician, C.T.S.
- Entrepreneurship, C.T.S.
- Hospitality Management, C.T.C.
- Hospitality Management, C.T.S.
- Logistics Technology, C.T.S.
- Medical Coding, C.A.S.
- Website Design, C.T.S.
- Human Resources Assistant, C.T.S.
- Real Estate Professional, C.T.S.