Selected for Verification
Verification is the process used to review your FAFSA information to make sure it's complete and correct. If you are selected for verification, Delgado is required by the U.S. Department of Education (The Department) to request additional documents from you to verify the data submitted on your FAFSA.
Effective July 13, 2021, the Department of Education changed the 2021-2022 verification requirements. The changes were made to provide relief to students financially challenged by the pandemic. It is also meant to reduce barriers to enrollment for millions of low-income students. You will be emailed by Incepita and Delgado Community College if you need to submit documents.
Delgado has partnered with Inceptia to work with students on completing the verification process. If you are depending on financial aid to be able to attend college, do not let verification interfere with your dreams. Get started today!
After your file is verified, you will be notified and the offer process will move forward. Remember, your classes will not be secured with financial aid until you complete this process. Students under 24 are required to have one parent create an account. Learn more about dependency status.
Enter the Verification Gateway TODAY!!
- Students under 24 are required to have one parent create an account. Learn more about dependency status.
- The task list may be a combination of online forms and/or the request to upload specific documents. All tasks have detailed instructions that will guide you through each step.
- If you would like to download a copy of your tasks and answers prior to submitting for review, you will have that option during the signature process.
- Check the progress tracker to see your percentage to completion while working on your task list. The task bar will turn green as you complete each task.
- Contact Inceptia at 888-374-8427; Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Meet with a Delgado Staff Member