Opportunity Youth Initiative
Change your life at Delgado.
Apply by the June 3, 2023 deadline, for consideration.
Are you a 16-24 year old with a GED or high school diploma not currently enrolled in college?
To jumpstart your career path to a great future, connect with Delgado Community College’s Opportunity Youth Program to enroll in Allied Health career training programs starting at just 1 semester long. Launch a rewarding career by texting, calling or emailing Liza Sherman today – LSHERM1@dcc.edu or (504)453-4806.
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Electrocardiographic Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Funeral Service Technician
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Registration Specialist
- Ophthalmic Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
Delgado Community College’s Opportunity Youth Program pairs you with a mentor and a cohort of peers, funds a laptop for use during training, and coordinates a range of support services including:
- access to childcare
- transportation assistance
- food pantry assistance
- legal services
- career advising
- mental health resources and more.