Transfer International Students
Steps for Transfer Admission
Note: All documents must be translated into English. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Step 1: Submit Transfer Evaluation Form
Fill out the top section of the transfer evaluation form and submit it to the institution you are transferring from. The bottom section must be filled out by your International Student Office and then submitted to the Delgado Community College Office of Admission.
Step 2: Apply to the college
Applicants must fully complete and sign the Delgado Community College admissions application.
- View our Academic Programs
Step 3: Complete International Application Online
Are you seeking a SEVIS I-20? Please complete our Supplemental International Application For Admissions
You will need the following to complete the International Application For Admissions
- Letter of intent
- Completed immunization compliance form
- Bank letter and bank statements verifying $20,300 in U.S. funds
- Notarized statement of financial support
- U.S. sponsors need to fill out I-134, Affidavit of Support.
- Submit copies of the following travel documents: Visa, Passport, and I-94 card
- Submit copies of I-20s from all US schools you previously attended.
- Read the statement of understanding, then sign, date, and submit.
Step 4: Schedule English Language Proficiency Assessment
The Delgado English Language Proficiency Assessment is required of international students whose native language is not English. Learn more about this assessment.
STEP 5: Gather Official U.S. Transcripts
You will need to submit official transcripts from any U.S. schools you previously attended
- Steps to Submit Official Transcripts
Step 6: Foreign Transcript Evaluation (Optional)
- For a list of of transcript evaluation agencies, visit the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services website. Student will need the following submitted in English:
- Course by course evaluation report from a NACES agency.
- Official college transcript from an accredited college or university to show semester and term courses were taken.
- All course descriptions and/or syllabus a student is requesting transfer credit.
International students transferring from another U. S. college or university must submit a current passport, I-94ional)card, SEVIS I-20, and transcripts from all U. S. Colleges or Universities attended. These documents are required in addition to those listed in the steps above. Furthermore, the student must be in good academic standing. Those students currently out of status must apply to the U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for reinstatement upon entry to Delgado Community College.